Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Ah, St. Patrick's Day. The day where it is mandatory to wear green and where most of the world drinks like there is no tomorrow (I'll just stick with my Diet Coke :). Maybe I'll be lucky this year and find that pot of gold that leprechaun is hiding.

I've been thinking a lot about my good friend over the years and how blessed I am to have known such wonderful women. It being the day for the Irish, I am going to highlight my dear mission companion, Kate West- my favorite Irish girl! We served in the slums of London where it was not uncommon to be the only white people on the street. I had a blast serving with her. I was still very green at the time and so I learned a lot about how to be a missionary from her. I would love to go visit her one of these days. Like I said, I really could use that pot of gold!

0 comments: