Tuesday, November 3, 2009

getaway to SaN dIeGo!

We loved our mini-trip to San Diego two weeks ago! Here's some of the highlights.

One day Aiden and I headed off to Coronado for the day. I can see why people talk about it being one of the best beaches- it was fabulous! It was nice because there were some tide pools that Aiden played in since he was a little freaked out about the ocean. I got a nice little tan:)
Can you see our little heads? Our hotel was right by the temple so we went and payed the Sister missionaries a visit and took some pictures. It was so peaceful and so so beautiful.

We snacked on some old fashioned root beer as we looked around Old Town. Aiden loved the South American music that was playing at the park.
One day we went to Birch Aquarium at Scripps in La Jolla. I've always enjoyed marine biology so it was fun for me but also Aiden. Every fish was "Nemo" and every other fish was "Dory."
Going to San Diego made us realize one thing: we miss the ocean A LOT. It was so nice to hit the beach every day and just sit and watch the ocean waves roll in. It's hard not living by the ocean anymore. I guess it's true when they say that you don't realize how badly you love something until it's gone (well, it's not gone really, but we have to now drive 2 hours to see it). We can't wait to go visit again!

0 comments: