Monday, July 21, 2008

may i have some prunes with that?

Solid foods are here!! Aiden loves his "milkies" but now that he is eating solids, meal time is even more exciting. For his first solid he had bananas and I couldn't feed him fast enough... he wanted more in his mouth as soon as the spoon left his mouth! Next it was squash- another winner. Prunes? Not so much. Let's just say that after finally getting him to eat it, he showed his distaste for prunes by completely blowing out in his pants. No, I mean everywhere.

Moving on... this last weekend my parents and my sister came out to visit just for the night. They had a layover in Oakland, on their way home from Alaska. It was super short, but SO much fun. We basically just hung out and of course Aiden was clobbered with attention (which he loved). It was nice because while they were in Alaska they went deep sea fishing and caught a ton on halibut. They brought it all back and gave some to us... yum yum!
OK, this is random but I wanted to let everyone know about my sister and brother-in-law's albums that are out. They are both super talented and the music is so pretty. Ryan plays the piano and his music was highlighted at last years EFY, the I Am A Child of God medley. And Becky wrote all her music, and sings amazing! (why didn't I get those genes?) Anyhow, they both can be located on iTunes and CDbaby. Check them out!!!! Becky Maag, and Ryan Maag.






2 comments:

Craziest Cottrell said...

That is such a nice thing for kids to do when they want you to know just how much they appreciate you! BLOW OUT! -Leslee

Kathy Twitchell said...

Thats so awesome about your sister and brother in law!! Tell em to pass some of that talent my way:)