
On Halloween night, Josh, Aiden and I rushed to catch the last flight out to the swing state New Mexico. Josh's employer flew us down and put us up in a swanky hotel to work on getting out the vote for Obama. We spent most the time doing voter identification, canvasing, and pulling people to the polls. It was truly such an amazing experience to be apart of this historic election. I know that many who read this were not Obama supporters but I think we can all agree on the magnitude of what happened on Nov.4. Josh and I were working alongside several African American folks who were deeply emotional when the final results came in. It was an experience that I will never forget. Oh, and to see New Mexico go blue was such a feeling of accomplishment and to hear about Proposition 8 passing, I couldn't be more pleased.
In front of the union hall. Aiden was a hit the whole time. Everyone called him the "Obama" baby.
We saw this a lot. Yard signs were EVERYWHERE! People for the most part people were pretty cordial. There were a few that just slammed the door in our faces. I felt like a missionary all over again. :)



2 comments:
Thanks for all your work!!
wow! good job little wiser family. that sounds like an amazing experience. x
Post a Comment