Tuesday, January 27, 2009

home bound

This week I have been home bound and without a car for three days and I have been going a little nuts. It's too cold to go out for too long and it's not like I live next to a mall or anything. I get cabin fever bad! So, while my car/Josh's car has been in the shop I have had a chance to catch up on my reading. I finished this book last week and I loved it. I love reading about America in the 19th century- it's just such a fascinating period. America was finally getting comfortable in it's skin and becoming the industrial/technological empire that it is today. If you looking for a good book, and enjoyed Devil in the White City, then I think you would enjoy Thunderstuck.
So now I'm on to a new book. I hope that this will be the last day of my quarantine!

1 comments:

Mae Linda Willis Lualemaga said...

I know what you mean. I had been without it for 2 1/2 weeks and before that nua's car broke down and he had to use mine for about two weeks until he got his car fixed.I just got our suburban back last friday from the shop. I actually was o.k. the 1st two weeks because it was too cold. When I got it back I was so grateful!