Friday, July 10, 2009

our trip

Are you ready for a whole bunch of pictures? 
We've been a traveling family for the past two weeks. First, we headed to Manhattan Beach where Josh was having a work conference. Aiden and I tagged along and bummed around the beach and had a blast (although next time I will definitely bring a stroller)! Then, Aiden and I were off to Salt Lake City to join my family on a small boating trip. It was Aiden's first boat trip and he loved it. No water skiing yet but he did get on a smooth water rocket ride! Then we were off to Midway, UT for my grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary. They rented a gigantic house where all our extended family stayed and spent the 4th of July weekend there. It was soooo much fun. So, having said that, here are all the pics:

At the hotel's pool. We usually had it to ourselves :)
The famous pier at Manhattan Beach

This was cool- they had a little aquarium at the pier. There was some hands-on demonstrations where the kids could touch marine invertebrates found in the tide pools. Aiden was fearless.
My sister Kristen, my sister-in-law Sally, and me (I look a little loopy in this pic but I had to post it because they looked cute)
cousins watching fireworks
My sister Becky, her husband Ryan and their son Luke. Becky is due next month. She is ADORABLE pregnant. Jealous.

My Grandpa and my mom
I thought this was a cool pic. Fireworks going off in Midway.
Not all, but a few of my cousins (and my sister)

Me and my cute hubby
Picture day! 
Some one snapped this for us. The real pictures are coming later...

This was probably Josh's highlight. Everyone made marshmallow guns. My dad, Ryan and Josh were really getting into it. 
No, there isn't soda in those huge 44 ouncers! Just watered down ice cubes. Aiden and Luke were buds the whole trip.
Me and my sisters Becky and Kristen
Aiden gearing up for the water rocket ride at Yuba Lake
Who knew that Provo would have fabulous Indian food? My brother suggested we go to Indian food one night and I was all for it. I LOVE Indian food. Aiden even ate some.
The gang
Birthday girl Kristen (Big 17)

The girls

2 comments:

Partridge Family said...

Hey you! My Sister and you both celebrated the 4th in Midway, UT. I wish I would have hitched a ride w/her, then we could have seen each other! How long has it been now.......5 years??

Chet and Lisa said...

Melanie, I love your pictures! It is so fun to see your family and be able to keep updated! It looks like you had fun!