Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmastime

I LOVE Christmas. I have been super excited about the holidays this year. I don't know if it is because I'm pregnant and I'm super emotional lately or because Aiden is starting to understand things more. It most likely is all of the above but also that it is a time to celebrate what Christmas is all about- Christ. Reflecting on Him has helped enhance this holiday season and help me stay focused on the real purpose of the season. It is going to be a great Christmas this year.

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! Here are a few pics taken lately:
At Josh's office someone dressed up as Santa for the employees kids to visit. Aiden was a bit skeptical of sitting on his lap so we joined in on the picture to assure him he was harmless.

Here's a picture of a wreath that I made. It was so simple. Just snip some branches off your tree. Wind them together with floral wire and fasten them on a wire wreath frame. Then fasten some pine cones, ribbon, bells, berries, whatever your heart wishes! Cost me only $7 to make.
A very pregnant looking picture of me at the tree lot picking out our tree.

Here's one of the few Thanksgiving pictures that I have. Josh and I hosted it at our house this year and were so happy to have his sister Julie, husband Adam, and mother come out from Utah. We had quite the feast! It was so much fun.


4 comments:

Ann Mitchell said...

Love your wreath, Melanie! Good job! I'm taking Analee tomorrow to a Jazz game for her birthday!

Chet and Lisa said...

You look so cute! I hope that you're feeling good! Hope to see you soon!

KWK Clan said...

I totally did not know you were pregnant! Congratulations! Shows how bad I am at keeping up with old friends. Hope you are feeling ok! Aiden is a cutie! Do you know what you are having? Merry Christmas!

Ashley Gilbert said...

I love the wreath you made! I wish I would have seen this post sooner, and then I could have made one with you. I love love love wreaths! And I can't wait for Thursday! Scrapbooks galore!