Sunday, November 14, 2010

love love love


So, I know I've brought up this cookbook a few times already but I just can't get enough of it! I made the best chicken and dumplings tonight for dinner (only 269 calories instead of the normal 800+) and for dessert made brownies with black beans (only 50 calories compared to the normal 500+).

Josh and I have been on this health kick lately. He's lost 30+ pounds and I've lost around 20. We work out more and we are eating better. We eat way more veggies and lean meat and less of the empty calorie food we used to. This cookbook has been such a help because I love comfort food- who doesn't, right? These recipes are healthy and easy and often require my going into a Wholefoods for that obscure, hard-to-find item, which I really enjoy doing anyway. Alright, enough of my rambling about the cookbook... it's getting me hungry again!

Have a happy healthy week :)

2 comments:

Carly said...

I am not much for cooking, but you've peaked my interest because I love comfort foods (but not the calories so much). I'm going to have to check this cookbook out. You guys both look great, by the way. Congrats on the weight loss and healthier lifestyles. It's inspirational!

Ashley Gilbert said...

Cool I will have to try this out! I too love comfort food! Even better when it's healthy!!!