Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Aiden!

We did it! Josh and I made it 1 year being parents! I think the first birthday, is, as they say, really for the parents. Josh and I have been so excited about our little man turning 1 we've kind of turned the whole month of February into "Aiden's Birthday." It really has been a fun year, full of challenges and trial and error experiences. Slowly, we are learning what it takes to be a parent. Although, I think Aiden has been pretty easy on us... let's hope that continues!

Here is some pictures of the little birthday party we had for him last Saturday:

The birthday boy on his throne. So an explanation why the couch has been transformed into a bed: Friday night Aiden was coughing really bad and wouldn't stop so we eventually put him in our bed and he seemed to calm down a bit. I think it's great to snuggle up sleeping for like 5 minutes and then I need my space! So I ended up on the couch and the boys stayed in the bed. The cozy queen size bed just isn't cutting it anymore.
Party madness!
Heather and Syndey Hadfield, Makoto Duren, and Susan Tan


Don't be fooled by the troubled look on his face, Aiden liked his birthday cake. No, I didn't let him eat the whole thing. He was spent after like three mouthfuls.
Yudi and Mary Duren
So I went with a monkey theme and made these cute monkey cupcakes (copied the idea from my friend- thanks Kathy!). They were really yummy.
Aiden scored with cute gifts. Here are a few of the gifts he was given.
All the excitement (and sugar) eventually tapered off and the little one year old was out cold after the party.

1 comments:

Kathy Twitchell said...

Happy Late B-day Aiden!!!! Cutest little monkey you got! Love ya!