Monday, May 24, 2010

goodbye LOST

I know, I know, all you've heard about lately is LOST. At least I have. It's on the news, the papers, the radio and all over internet. For all those who haven't seen the series you are probably wondering what the big deal is...I know I would. There are few TV series that I have ever seen from beginning to end: Dawson's Creek (I adored Pacey), Flight of the Conchords (it was only two seasons), and Friends. I just don't watch a lot of TV shows, especially dramas. I loved LOST.

I remember Josh begging to watch the pilot with me one night and I reluctantly watched thinking I was going to fall asleep during the show and that would be the end of it but I was hooked from the beginning. There were so many of the characters that I related to and the raw human flaws just made this show so likeable. Also, who can resist time travel, wacky twists, and a bit of romance and suspense? Since the finale last night I haven't been able to stop thinking about how it ended. It was perfect. The religious parallelism was beautiful and I felt as though I received closure for the characters. Having said that I still have some questions...

1. Who built the statue and temple on the island?
2. Was the wreckage scenes at the end of the finale just nostalgic from Oceanic 815 or was that Lipitas' plane?
3. Was the "Mother" of Jacob the original smoke monster?
4. What’s up with the sickness? Is that what Claire and Sayid had?
5. Is the water that Sayid in at the temple the same as the water from where the white light came from? Holy water of some sort?
6. What's the significance of the numbers input every 108 minutes? Why those numbers?

OK, so I have a lot more but since none of these are really important to the overall theme of LOST they probably won't be answered but hopefully some will be when the creators of LOST answer the people! Check it out HERE.

Goodbye LOST! You will be missed :)

0 comments: