As of this month it has been 4 years now that I have been home from my mission in England. I just thought I'd put up a few pictures to look back on. These were all taken in my last area when I served in Britannia, London's single ward.Here I am OYMing (street contacting) near Big Ben. Talking to people on the street was one of my favorite ways of finding people. London was such a melting pot that you would speak to people from all over the world, many of which were curious about our faith. It wasn't uncommon to teach multiple little first discussions on the street.
One of my favorite districts! We headed to see the Lion King in the Soho area for our P day. It was tradition beforehand to eat at Pizza Hut's all-you-cant-eat lunch buffet. Oh, good times...
Here is Hyde Park Chapel in South Kensigton in London. It is were I served the last 4 1/2 months of my mission. I served with Sister Sara Varney (furthest sister to the right). We had such an amazing companionship- we thought a lot alike and worked our tails off. I loved serving with her!
Cissy Chen was my last baptism. She embraced the gospel with so much faith. Something really cool about this photo is Josh, my husband, is in the back! He was going to graduate school in London when I was serving there... little did we know that we'd end up falling in love when I returned from my mission. Blessings!!



2 comments:
Oh my, that brought tears to my eyes! Gosh those were good times! I loved serving with you! You taught me so much. I can't believe it has been 4 years already. Where in the world does time go? Now look at us, we have 2 beautiful boys and are living the dreams that we use to stay up late and talk about. Have you heard from Cissy? I have tried emailing her, but it never goes through. Before I left my mission I saw her and she unfortunately had come across some anti-mormon people and was really struggling. I think about her often and wish I could somehow get in contact. I love the picture of you and Josh. Sister K is also in that picture. She calls nearly every month and actually got married on the 25th! When she gets her visa, President is paying for her to fly to Utah so she can get sealed in the Manti temple. We should make it a goal to meet there for her wedding. I am hoping it will be within the next year. She really, really wants to be married in the temple. Remember us talking about buying a tandem and riding to meet T-bone? Well, we bought one a month ago.....so when you are ready we will strap our kiddos on the back and head to T-bones house (wherever that is)! Gosh I love ya Sister Rampton. It would be a glorious reunion to meet up with you and Sister Kandikatla at the temple.
Oh Mel i loved seeing pictures from your mission! What a sexy little missionary you were!!! It would be fun to share mission stories!
Post a Comment