Sunday, August 10, 2008

cutest meat eater ever!


Bring on the Meat! Last Friday Josh ate meat for the first time in 5 1/2 years !!! He has been following a vegetarian- or I should say pescatarian (because he ate fish)- diet for the longest time and just recently decided to go back to meat. I think all my nagging about not having pot roast or steak for dinner was wearing on him.... Anyhow, we went to Outback with some friends for the big night. Josh ordered a 16 ounce Prime Rib and ate every bite of it (check out the picture of it- it's SO red, but he likes it that way). I ordered baby back ribs and he ate half of mine! This evening I made pot roast and he ate that with no problem either, so I guess you could say he is enjoying his meat. Afterall, he's got 5 1/2 years worth of meat eating to catch up on.

At first he was a little nervous about the change because we've heard horror stories about vegetarians eating meat and their bodies not being able to handle the change in diet well. Fortunately, he hasn't had any problems...so far.

Good friends Michael and Michelle Vatcher. We will miss them when they move to Taiwan!!

More friends Henry and Susan Tan

Josh enjoying his ribs

Everyone say "meat!"

Awww....



4 comments:

Vatcher Family said...

Awww... That was just a fun night! We need to do something else before we leave!

Nicole said...

Found your blog! Im trying to upload newest pictures we are taking right now :) I gained so much weight since the wedding so i dont like taking lots of pics.. :) Josh ate meat!!!!!! We should totally have you guys over for Korean barbecue!

Kathy Twitchell said...

Thats amazing Josh went that long with out meat! Jeremy would have a steak every night if i let him:)

Craziest Cottrell said...

I am so proud of Josh! I can't believe that he had the will power to not eat meat for so long. I knew that he was a pescitarian but I didn't realize it has been since before you were married! I don't even have the will power to not eat chocolate for two days. If it's in the house it's gone. -Leslee