Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I married my best friend

Today Josh and I have been married four years. I know it is so cliche to say this but he really does complete me. We still laugh at the silly things we used to, still act like kids when we are around each other, still can read each others thoughts, still cannot play a game of Speed without being ultra competitive, and ultimately still love being around one another.

Just as a re-cap of how we met: Josh was going to graduate school in London (London School of Economics) and attended the singles ward in London. I, on the other hand, was a missionary for my church and happened to be assigned the singles ward as my last area before I was to return home. I remember meeting Josh at a FHE one night in February. He was the life of the party and it was obvious that many of the girls in the ward liked him. Although I found him attractive I didn't focus on it...I mean, what could I do? I was a missionary. Anyway, somehow Josh felt the same way about me and asked me to stay in touch when I returned home back to the States. I returned home in June, we dated that whole summer, were engaged in August, and married in October. Craziness!! But so right for us! 


We were married in the SLC temple with all of our family. It was such a fun, exhausting day. 
It's been a fabulous 4 years. Can't wait to spend the rest of them with him.


4 comments:

Sally said...

Four years already!!
Time does fly when you're with your best friend all the time. I know the feeling.
Congratulations!

We are way excited to see you guys too. Jeff can't look at a picture of you without getting a little choked up. He loves you so much.

Angie said...

Happy Anniversary, hope you had da great day. Time does go by so fast and when you have kids, it goes by so fast.

Craziest Cottrell said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember when I first met you guys. Newlyweds to the core. And you still are, it is so cute to see you together. It's like you just fell in love yesterday!

Maags said...

These pictures are precious. It is amazing to look back at these pictures and reflect on that day- the temple is such a wonderful place and I'm so happy all of my brothers and sisters have been blessed to go through it... (Boosis is yet to come and trust me it won't be long before she's snatched! She's such a cutie!) :)